Showing posts with label suspension. Show all posts
Showing posts with label suspension. Show all posts

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chivu suspended for one match

Romanian international Cristi Chivu has been suspended after his team Inter Milan won the Italy Cup for obscene gestures he made against AS Rome supporters a week earlier.



Inter Milan won this year Italy Cup, 1-0, against AS Rome.

Francesco Totti has also been suspended for four matches, after a violent attack against Mario Balotelli, in the same match. And Balotelli has been suspended for one match, for protesting.

Chivu, who is the captain of the Romanian national team, played for AS Rome between 2003 to 2007, when he transferred to Inter Milan.

Inter Milan has also qualified in the Champions League final, where it meets Bayern.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mutu wanted by Al-Sadd


Romanian striker Adrian Mutu has been offered a king-size salary of 6 million Euros per season in Qatar by Al-Sadd, Calciomercato revealed today (Tues).
The Fiorentina striker is among ten players the club wants to sell in the summer along with Frey, Vargas and Pasqual.

But his leaving is conditional on the suspension he faces for two positive doping tests. Caciomercato says he will be sold if he gets a suspension of more than 6 months.

His case will be tried by the Italian National Antidoping Court on 19 April.
Italian anti-doping prosecutors have called for a one-year suspension of Romanian international Adrian Mutu after the Fiorentina player was suspended indefinitely in February for failing anti-doping tests.

Mutu, 31, tested positive for sibutramine in tests carried out on 10 January after a match with Bari and on 20 January after a match with Lazio.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Prosecutors ask for one year suspension of Mutu

Adrian Mutu - Fiorentina (Getty Images)Italian anti-doping prosecutors have requested a one-year suspension of Romanian international Adrian Mutu for doping, they announced yesterday (Weds).


His case was sent to the Italian National Anti-doping Court, which indefinitely suspended the Fiorentina player in February after he had failed anti-doping tests.

Prosecutors have announced that the case was sent to the Italian National Anti-doping Court for admission of responsibility in the breaching of article 2.1 in the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Code.

Prosecutors are asking for a one-year suspension of the Romanian player in accordance with article 10.4 in the WADA Code.

Mutu, 31, tested positive for sibutramine in tests carried out on 10 January after a match with Bari and on 20 January after a match with Lazio.

Mutu scored two goals in the match against Lazio Roma that Fiorentina won by a score of 3-2. His team thereby qualified for the Italy Cup semi-finals.

Sibutramine is an anorectic or appetite suppressant that reduces a person’s desire to eat.

Last year, Mutu was ordered to pay Chelsea more than 14 million GBP in compensation for having tested positive for cocaine in 2004 while playing at Stamford Bridge.

His agent believes that if the ban is longer than 6 months, his career with Fiorentina could well be over.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Mutu to find out about his suspension at the end of April


Fiorentina football club striker Adrian Mutu is going to find out the results of the investigation of his doping case at the end of April, according to the newspaper Corriere Fiorentino.

Mutu risks from one to four years’ suspension since prosecutors consider him a recidivist because he tested positive for cocaine in 2004 while playing for Chelsea.

Mutu, 31, has been questioned by Italian Olympic Committee anti-doping prosecutors in Rome in his sibutramine doping case.

Mutu was suspended indefinitely after testing positive for sibutramine in tests carried out on 10 January after a match with Bari and on 20 January after a match with Lazio.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lawyer says Mutu could receive a less-severe sanction

"A famous Italian lawyer has said Romanian international Adrian Mutu can get a less-severe sanction if he proves his sporting efficiency wasn’t boosted by the use of sibutramine.


According to tuttomercatoweb.com, lawyer Pier Filippo Capello, a well-known lawyer on sports matters in Italy and the son of England's coach Fabio Capello, said the Fiorentina player could receive a less-severe sanction.

Capello also said that any sports player who had used dope before risked a serious penalty for another violation.

Mutu may also be considered a recidivist, as he tested positive for cocaine in 2004 while playing for Chelsea.

Mutu recently appeared before Italian Olympic Committee anti-doping prosecutors in Rome in the sibutramine doping case.

The Italian National Anti-doping Court indefinitely suspended Mutu in February after he had failed anti-doping tests.

Mutu tested positive for sibutramine in tests carried out on 10 January after a match with Bari and on 20 January after a match with Lazio.

Mutu scored two goals in the match against Lazio Roma that Fiorentina won by a score of 3-2. His team thereby qualified for the Italy Cup semi-finals.

Sibutramine is an anorectic or appetite suppressant that reduces a person’s desire to eat."